Saturday, October 11, 2008

Patience & Peace


I told Jon "I feel like I'm going to be depressed, I'm going for a walk." I walked the track for my prescribed 10 minutes. I thought about how sick and tired I am of this injury/recovery stuff. About how when I get fairly recovered from this surgery I will have to turn around and do it all again. By the time I paid my 10 minute dues I was in a mood to be sure. In the house a messiness greeted me, remnants of someones breakfast (I won't mention names), a huge pile of mail and papers behind the Cherrios box, honey in the no drip bottle ( Avery believes is one of the greatest inventions of all mankind) I was just about ready to start a rant about it all (I wasn't so miffed about the mess but about the fact that I am so limited and I have to choose my activities so carefully). There it was, not the writing on the wall, the writing on the coffee mug. The normal before injury person would come home from my morning workout, turn on my tea kettle and grab a message mug. Peace, Patience, Faith, Endurance, Love, or Kindness, I would ponder what I thought I needed for the day or what I thought the Lord thought I needed to work on for the day and drink from that cup accordingly. I so want the normal me back now. The Patience mug was front and center, with its sister Peace mug in the pile of dirty dishes on the dishwasher. Patience is having the strength to wait for the Lords perfect timing. Message received.

1 comment:

Southern Girl said...

Hello, Jody! Thanks for the comment on my "Southern Girl" blog. The blog design that you liked was made by Michelle at Shabby Creations. She has pre-made designs that cost only $10. (:
You can find her blog at http://shabbycreationsdesigns.blogspot.com/ Have a great night!