Monday, May 2, 2011

Royalty

While the rest of you were setting your DVR's so you didn't have to get up so crazy early and watch the royal wedding, I was making lists, double checking flower colors and if a wrist corsage was what Willy's date wanted. I have made my fair share of corsages and boutonnieres for our kids, I started when I paid to much for a bad corsage. I figured I could rip ugly petals off just as well as the florist who seemed a bit annoyed with me that I would not want my boy to hand a browning wilted flower over to his date. I start with a trip to Hobby Lobby for supplies and a grocery store or Walmart for some affordable flowers. Then the assembling, which is very fun for me to be a bit creative.
These are the two corsages I did last fall for Avery and Willy's Homecoming dates.
Lexi's corsage.
Willy and Lexi
Taylor's corsage.
Taylor and our handsome Avery.
Avery was on Homecoming court last fall, so yes I do live with royalty!
Spring time brings Prom and the fun starts all over again. I found mini roses, oh so cute. The mistake I made was hot gluing them on, I usually sew or floral tape, but last fall I glued roses on and it worked, I just think that the mini roses are a bit more delicate. They started to brown a bit before the dance(by then pictures and supper out were over and sweet Lexi didn't mind..I know 'cuz I asked and had enough time and mini roses to replace), they were however really pretty when Willy slid them on her wrist.
I also made Willy's boutonniere so that it would match Lexi's corsage.
Stunning!!
More royalty! Willy was on Prom Court (Willy is the 4th one in). By now you do realize that with 2 boys on court it makes me...ok so maybe not the Queen Mother, but something royal!
Buckingham Palace has nothing on us, to see Lexi and Willy in the grand march...
royally stunning!

12 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Beautiful young adults and aren't you talented. The wrist corsages are beautiful.

DayPhoto said...

I so agree with Susan! You are amazingly talented and the kids are more than handsome!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful, THEY are beautiful! FUN FUN FUN! Royalty indeed!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

You did a beautiful job! My friends and I did the flowers for my son and for my daughter's weddings. For my son's bride we used a broken necklace with beautiful blue and crystal beads (which had belonged to his great-grandmother) to attach to the bridal bouquet. It was so special and pretty!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

A queen mum for sure Jody....hee hee hee!! Fun post...adorable kids & dates (and nice handiwork on those coursages dear!!)
You deserve a day with your feet propped & sipping on some tea now....!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

They turned out so lovely! You did a wonderful job. The young folks look so nice!

Callie Brady said...

Lovely! They certainly looked beautiful!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just lovely! You certainly did a great job!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Hi ya Jody! Sorry we haven't gotten back with you...we were on vacation this week! Hope all is well with you and your family! I was in your lovely state three weekends ago for a wedding...a quick whirlwind of Milkwaukee....we stopped and toured Sprechers and brought two cases of cream soda to take home with us (the BEST cream soda in the world!) and then...on our way out of the state we stopped a the great (insert trumpets please!) Cheeeeese Castle - ha! all of the best stops :)
Enjoy your summer!!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

9-27-11
Just dropped by to say hello and to see what you were up to! blessings,Kathleen

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes Jody! Wishing you many blessings with family & friends this weekend and in the month ahead :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

1-2-12 Just want to wish you a wonderful new year ahead! blessings,Kathleen